2015 promises to be a very big year for us here at SUP Gladiator. As they say, go big or go home! With that, we have discussed several changes with members of our board of advisors, and decided to make some really big changes to our team structure. I haven’t been this excited in a really long time. Can’t wait to get this season under way.
Typically companies that operate race teams, or have “Team Riders” have only 1 team. One of the main reasons for this is simplicity. Multiple teams means more complexity. It also means significantly more cost. Dealing with more athletes means more product and gear we have to comp. Trust me when I say, it gets really expensive. Lastly, some companies keep to one team, so they can work more closely with the individual athletes. Multiple teams, or large dispersed teams, make that difficult.
With all of that said, we have decide to expand and change our format, in order to allow us to work with more deserving athletes, in more locations. After speaking with some of our advisors about this goal, it became apparent the only way we could pull this off, was to limit the expansion in the first year (not bite off more than you can chew). The other piece of feedback is that in order to do this properly, we need to have strong team captains in each of these locations.
New Structure and New Teams
With these new changes, we have decided to structure ours teams as folllows:
- This is our Tier 1 Elite Racers and Ambassadors, who compete on a National Level
- Most of our National Team Riders, will also serve as Team Captains for Regional Teams
Garrett Fletcher, Rob Rojas, Joe Cerdas, Shane Perrin, Lina Augaitis
- These are the teams comprised of regional Elite Racers and Ambassadors.
- The regions and numbers, map directly to the WPA Regions
Region 1 – California and surrounding areas – Team Captain is Rob Rojas
Trevor Bashor, Tyler Bashor, Erika Benitez, Conrad Rojas, Jack Wygal, Sean Pangalinan, Charles Webb, Will Schmidt
Zane Asselin, Emily Davis, Cristian Prado, Catherine Uden
Region 7 – Hawaii
Dalbert Rivera, and TBA
Region 12 – Texas and surrounding states – Team Captain is Joe Cerdas
Ellie Cherryhomes, Hannah Elferink, Brandon Punzalan, John Fox
- This is a brand new concept for us, which we are really excited about.
- This team is made up of Elite Class Teen and Pre-Teen Racers, who are dominating in their class, and in some cases even challenging for overall podium spots, at the regional level.
- The team is comprised of members from Region 1, 7, and 12.
- Rob Rojas will be team captain for this team
Hannah Elferink, Trevor Bashor, Tyler Bashor, Erika Benitez, Conrad Rojas, Dalbert Rivera, Elijah Schoenig, Cole Vanderbroek